The trip started out as any other trip with us does: behind schedule. Telling everyone to meet at 2:15 didn't really help us get out on time if the driver (me) wasn't even ready till 3. Once we finally left, my car had to get food and gas, Alexx's car had to go get Matt, Puff and Joe were driving on their way, and Kassia was meeting us there from up North. My group finally got out around 4, and since the three of us girl were all in commited relationships we passed the ride talking about first kisses and our favorite memories with our lovers. Almost there, we realized the place we were going to.....wasn't going to work out. After driving around for an hour we finally found a place, and then had the task of telling everyone else how to get there...which we didn't know how to do. The three of us loaded up our arms with stuff from the car and proceeded to walk down the beach. As it turned out, we had parked a LOT further away than was necessary, and we had to stop several times to let our poor arms rest. We finally made it to the sand...almost 3 hours after our original meeting time. I kept praying "God, let this be a good day despite all this." I was fine, but I wasn't sure how pissed off the people in the other cars would be. Finally, we all met by the firepit. After a few quick potty runs we dashed to the ocean. No one else was stupid enough to brave the cold and wild waves, but Lauren and I decided it was worth the trip. Steph had disappeared, and I kept sending up worried prayers for her safety as I looked out and the angry surging water. She showed up later, in full health. Lauren and I played in the waves for a while before returning to shore where a fire was soon lit and hotdogs roasted. After hot dogs came chili, and after chili came s'mores, and after s'mores came popcorn. We sat around the fire laughing, talking, and singing worship songs till long after dark. The wind soon picked up again, and we made the long treck back to the car and the long drive back to campus. Upon arrival, it was realized non of us had a card to get in as our bags were in the other car. Of course, by the time the RA came to let us in, Carissa showed up with the card. Once inside, matt and james discovered that the cupboard above the fridge squeeked. They then proceeded to check every cupboard in the kitchen before steph broke out the WD40. Now James is fixing the cupboard because Matt broke it, and i am going to get the sea salt out of my hair and get to sleep. Tonight, has been a good night. =D
So, for those who care to read, here you will find a briefly detailed summay of my trip to South Asia with CBU's ISP nursing team. For security purposes, I will not be stating the names of countries or cities we were in, and the names of the workers in country have been changed. Enjoy! The trip started like all ISP trips: at the globe. After a time of prayer, we headed out for our 14 hour trans-pacific flight. We landed in Hong Kong only to discover that there were currently strikes going on in our country (we'll call it B.D., which stands for Beautiful Darkness because the land was so beautiful, but so full of spiritual darkness). So, we had to stay the night in Hong Kong. It was fun and we were excited we were able to get out of the airport, because originally we had a 13hr layover or something crazy like that. So, we saw a bit of the city, including the batman tower from the Hong Kong scene in The Dark Knight. Finally we flew out of the bustling hot sticky city, and made our...
Wow...I think I am glad I worked friday haha
ReplyDeleteAnd I am glad that I had WD - 40. ^_^
ReplyDeleteI wonder if the cupboards in your house squeak...
ReplyDelete