I was looking at my friend's pictures today, and I realized that I wasn't there for a lot of them. This made me very sad. In a way, I feel like I missed out on a lot this summer. Apparently they had another tribal night. How did I miss that? And I was working when they did deep fried candy bars, though I did get to stop by for a few minutes. How did I manage to miss the shoe-tree? I think I forgot about it, so that's kind of my fault. But yeah, I feel like I missed out on a lot this summer. Leaves a rather unsatisfactory taste on the pallet.
So, I really want to try to eat healthy and be more active and maybe shed a few pounds this semester. I usually do really good. Until I get some craving for ice cream or soda or some other sugar filled carbohydrate (yes, that's a bit redundant). Usually I cave. Which makes me wonder: if I really cared about losing weight, I wouldn't cave. But, I really do want to lose weight!! Isn't there some way to like, balance being active and healthy while still enjoying food? Can't I have my cake and eat it too!?
I once heard it said that as God is our potter, and we are His clay, we must allow ourselves to be used by Him. It was said, "would you rather be the fine china set that God brings out on special occasions? Or the toilet? Wouldn't you rather be something that God can say 'Here, look at this!'"But i've been thinking about this, and quite honestly I would rather be the toilet. I'm mean, yeah, its lowly and disgusting. But imagine going to someone's home, and you're like "can i use the toilet?" and they're all "sorry, we dont' have one. But look at my nice china tea set!" It'd be like, what the heck?! I want to become something so indespensable in God's "household" that live in the "house" litterally wouldn't function without it. Now, I understand that probably isn't realistic. I mean, after all, I am a filthy sinner. But still, I think that's a good goal to have.
So, I really want to try to eat healthy and be more active and maybe shed a few pounds this semester. I usually do really good. Until I get some craving for ice cream or soda or some other sugar filled carbohydrate (yes, that's a bit redundant). Usually I cave. Which makes me wonder: if I really cared about losing weight, I wouldn't cave. But, I really do want to lose weight!! Isn't there some way to like, balance being active and healthy while still enjoying food? Can't I have my cake and eat it too!?
I once heard it said that as God is our potter, and we are His clay, we must allow ourselves to be used by Him. It was said, "would you rather be the fine china set that God brings out on special occasions? Or the toilet? Wouldn't you rather be something that God can say 'Here, look at this!'"But i've been thinking about this, and quite honestly I would rather be the toilet. I'm mean, yeah, its lowly and disgusting. But imagine going to someone's home, and you're like "can i use the toilet?" and they're all "sorry, we dont' have one. But look at my nice china tea set!" It'd be like, what the heck?! I want to become something so indespensable in God's "household" that live in the "house" litterally wouldn't function without it. Now, I understand that probably isn't realistic. I mean, after all, I am a filthy sinner. But still, I think that's a good goal to have.
Comments
Post a Comment