Skip to main content

That little stab of jealousy...

It happened last year. And it may happen this year.

I love this place. I love working here. I love the people here. And I want to stay here. Last year going back to CBU was so difficult. Especially after what I had just been though and was about to go through. So when I heard that one of my closest friends up here was going to be staying full time to work through the winter, you can imagine my jealousy. I was happy for her, but I was so jealous. I wanted to drop out of school and stay here too. But I knew that that path was to easy, and to stupid. I knew I would never be happy with myself if I quite school, if I never got the degree to do what I wanted, what I enjoyed. What God has called me to.

So I didn't stay. I did manage to come up a few more times during the year, especially considering my changed relationship status last November. I cannot wait for the day when I can actually call this place my home. If that day comes...

And now, once again, a year later I find another friend of mine on the verge of staying behind as full time. Am I jealous? Yes. But the desire to stay behind, to drop out of school, is less than last year. Perhaps this is because I now have real hope for the day to come when I will be able to live here, to start a life and a family here.

The hardest part is the waiting.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

South Asia Nursing: Uncovered!!!

So, for those who care to read, here you will find a briefly detailed summay of my trip to South Asia with CBU's ISP nursing team. For security purposes, I will not be stating the names of countries or cities we were in, and the names of the workers in country have been changed. Enjoy! The trip started like all ISP trips: at the globe. After a time of prayer, we headed out for our 14 hour trans-pacific flight. We landed in Hong Kong only to discover that there were currently strikes going on in our country (we'll call it B.D., which stands for Beautiful Darkness because the land was so beautiful, but so full of spiritual darkness). So, we had to stay the night in Hong Kong. It was fun and we were excited we were able to get out of the airport, because originally we had a 13hr layover or something crazy like that. So, we saw a bit of the city, including the batman tower from the Hong Kong scene in The Dark Knight. Finally we flew out of the bustling hot sticky city, and made our...

Just some random thoughts floating in my head

I was looking at my friend's pictures today, and I realized that I wasn't there for a lot of them. This made me very sad. In a way, I feel like I missed out on a lot this summer. Apparently they had another tribal night. How did I miss that? And I was working when they did deep fried candy bars, though I did get to stop by for a few minutes. How did I manage to miss the shoe-tree? I think I forgot about it, so that's kind of my fault. But yeah, I feel like I missed out on a lot this summer. Leaves a rather unsatisfactory taste on the pallet. So, I really want to try to eat healthy and be more active and maybe shed a few pounds this semester. I usually do really good. Until I get some craving for ice cream or soda or some other sugar filled carbohydrate (yes, that's a bit redundant ). Usually I cave. Which makes me wonder: if I really cared about losing weight, I wouldn't cave. But, I really do want to lose weight!! Isn't there some way to like, balance being act...

Another Movie Idea

Okay, kinda worked out another idea based on Tamar and Amnon. It certainly wouldn't be PG, but i'd try to keep it as clean as possible, what with the story line. Tamar: Daughter of Absalom, son of King David. She is a young beautiful teen who is named for her Aunt Tamar, a quiet, desolate figure who isolates herself from the rest of the family. Tamar's upcoming marriage serves as a catalyst to draw out the story of her aunts sorid past, and the truth about her father. (Aunt) Tamar: a young beautiful princess living in her father's house. From a distance she has seen her handsome half-brother Amnon, but living as a virgin in her father's house prevents her from seeing him. When the King commands her to take care of Amnon in his illness, she eagerly goes, only to find that Amnon had faked his illness. When she refuses Amnon's demands to sleep with him, he overpowers her and takes what he wants anyways. Afterwards, he throws her out in disgust, despite her pleas, ...