
Unrequited love is a painful thing with which to deal. Feelings of rejection, being unwanted. But I think a thing far more painful is to love someone, to be loved in return, and yet come to the realization there is no way you can be together. That is painful. It was for this the term "life's not fair" was first coined.
I have not had to experience this myself. But seeing it in the lives of two of my friends from separate areas of my life....it hurts me. I see their pain, and I want to cry. I make up all kinds of excuses, justifications, and explainations why they should be able to be together. Why should I get to be happy in the arms of the one I love, while they cry themselves to sleep at night? I make an assumption in saying they cry. I've yet to hear tears in the dark watches of the nights that I've spent with them. But even if they don't cry outwardly, I know their heart is crying.
For what heart doesn't cry as its breaking?
No, Life's Not Fair.
Comments
Post a Comment