So...I've been feeling discontent lately, and its hard to talk it out with people. A friend and I were chatting about our old blogging days today, so i figured i'd give this a shot again.
I'm sick and tired of not having a home. Sure I have a bed...for now. And a dresser...in the closet...that is hard to get into and even harder to see what i'm grabbing out. There's really not closet space so...most of my clothes are still in boxes on the back patio. Oh yeah, I need to sort through those. Mom has boxes out there of stuff they took out of my room after I left for college. I need to sort through it and figure out what i'm going to keep and what i'm going to toss. All my wedding supplies are in a little pile in the living room. A lot of my other things like books/DVDs and shoes are shoved in a corner behind the love seat. If I want to talk to Michael at night I have to go sit in the garage. I feel like I can't stay out late because Mom won't sleep well knowing i'm out, and I'll wake them up when i come home. And if i'm not here, I'm living out of a suitcase. Which is better in some ways and worse in others.
I've been helping a friend of mine get ready for her wedding this weekend (YAY!!), and while i'm extremely exciting for them, its making me a bit anxious for my own wedding. I'm excited. I just wanna get married. But at the same time, i know everything is changing. I want to savor every moment that I have. But how do I savor these moments when I really hate them? I don't want to rush the summer by...but I'm really not liking this time of....transition? Holding? Waiting? Whatever you wanna call it.
I feel like i'm just waiting on everybody else now to do their part so I can adjust the wedding plans/budget accordingly. I feel like i'm distant from Michael, but at the same time I have this insane need to prove that I am capable of doing this and I don't need his help. I wish I had all the details ironed out like my friend does for her wedding (which, her wedding is in 4 days so she better have things worked out!). But I feel like i'm stuck. This whole photographer thing is stressing me out too. I want a good photographer. We need a good photographer. The problem is...can we afford a good photographer? Also, I have no flower girl. This wouldn't be an issue if the church building had side asiles that people could walk down, but no....there is only one center asile. To make side ones would take away seating, of which we barely have enough as it is. Oh, and did i mention that we can't have dancing at the reception? Yeah. People keep telling me we'll work it out. I'm going "How?" Its not like we can just go outside, that's still church property. And its a bit of a big deal to me. I've always look forward to dancing with my husband for the first time (not to mention it will probably be the only time EVER i'll get michael to actually dance with me). I know this is really selfish and kind of a "duh!" but, i'm going to say it anyways: this is NOTHING like what I had in mind.
And don't even get me started on the honeymoon. Talk about horrible planning. A 7am flight?! The day after our wedding!? When we probably won't even be getting to the hotel till 10pm or 11pm the night before?! I wish I had had a little bit more wisdom then...because I would have certainly made a fuss about that before it was too late. Unfortunately I wasn't thinking the night we booked the flight and I really didn't know any better.
And I think the worst part is I feel like i don't have anyone I can talk to about all this. I know my mom tries to make me feel like I have a place here, but the truth is...I don't. I know Michael tires to help with wedding stuff, but in the end it just makes me feel like he thinks i'm incompetent and unable to properly plan our wedding. On top of all this...there are things weighing heavy on me now that I can't even talk about here on this blog, and I really have no one else to talk to about them. No one really understands...at least no one that I can talk to about these types of things. And if I do try to talk about it, I just can't verbalize it well. I dunno....
And of course...somebody ate all the wheat thins.....
I love you lots, friend...I'm sorry you feel so overwhelmed. You always have a home in Jesus. He didn't have a home on earth but He is our home. I'll pray that he sends you just the people to talk to about each thing, and that He relieves your stress and worries. <3
ReplyDelete